DMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DMA

Welcome to the official website of the Descent Message Agent (DMA). As the worlds only fully independent Sub-Government, the DMA operates as an international community that collects secret foreign intelligence through global covert capability.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fort Irwin Soldier Wins Singing Contest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jason
General
General

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Fort Irwin Soldier Wins Singing Contest Empty
PostSubject: Fort Irwin Soldier Wins Singing Contest   Fort Irwin Soldier Wins Singing Contest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:28 pm

ALEXANDRIA, Va. Dec 11- Spc. Richard Sianoya, winner of the 2007 Operation Rising Star singing contest, plans to use his $2,000 prize to help move his mother from their hometown of Manila, Philippines, to live with him at Fort Irwin, Calif.

"I'm actually spending that money to go home for vacation to visit my family in March," said Spc. Sianoya, 23, who was born and raised in Manila. "I'm going home to get my mom so she can live with me over here."

His mother, Sylvia, has an interview with U.S. Embassy officials in the Philippines scheduled for January to apply for an extended visa.

"We have petitioned to bring her to live permanently with me in the States, so this could not have come at a better time," he said.

Spc. Sianoya, who attended John F. Kennedy High School in Tumon, Guam, came to America when he was 15 and joined the U.S. Army at age 17.

He adds the title of Operation Rising Star to an impressive Army Entertainment Division resume that includes a spot in the 2006 U.S. Army Soldier Show and a 2005 Military Idol runner-up finish.

Thirty-six installations and more than 300 vocalists participated in Operation Rising Star, which replaced Military Idol this year, a singing contest based on FOX television's American Idol. The competition was open to active-duty, National Guard and Reserve personnel from all branches of the U.S. military.
Back to top Go down
https://dma1.editboard.com

Fort Irwin Soldier Wins Singing Contest
Page 1 of 1